Tuesday, February 12, 2008

January 27, 2008

These are banana trees. They place these plastic sacks over the bundles of bananas to keep the fruit flies and other pests from damaging the fruit.
We went to church this morning at the church we built last year. It was AWESOME to get to see the people we met last year and to see the work they'd done to the church.
This is Pastor Daniel and his family. His oldest daughter, Daniela, is a favorite with our group. She has a place in each of our hearts! She is such a special girl. Last year, I'd given her one of my little change purses before I left. I'd forgotten that there was a little silver heart with my name on it still in there. I only remembered because when I first hugged Daniela this year, she made sure to point out that she'd gotten a silver chain for it and she wears it as a necklace. Her father told us that she thinks about us all the time!

1 comment:

Mom of these kids said...

That is a cool story about that little silver heart!