Wednesday, August 22, 2007

August 18, 2007

I planted some bell pepper plants early this year. . . and they are the saddest little plants I've ever seen! They are SO short and they put off the tiniest little bell peppers ever! It hasn't helped that it's been so dry the past few weeks - but honestly, I think there is no hope for these plants. We continue to water them, but I think the only thing we are accomplishing is running up our water bill! Today Gerald and Jackson were working on something in Jackson's room and they called me in there to look at the little birds that were taking a bath in the sprinkler water. I took this first pic through the window.I tried to sneak out on the porch to get some better shots - but the birds just kept flying away. I did manage to hide for a minute and then sneak over and get a couple of shots before they heard the shutter and flew off!
By the time we actually get rain around here, I'm thinking we all may be out playing in the falling water, too!! I'm tired of brown, crunchy grass. And the leaves are already falling off the trees. I hope this drought doesn't mess up the fall colors!




No comments: